Banfield Pet Hospital Analyst, Business Systems in Portland, Oregon
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION The primary purpose and function of the Business Systems Analyst is to work within project teams and with business stakeholders to gather, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which technical solutions are implemented. The position is an active participant in all phases of a project life cycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented, and met. This is a highly visible position as the Business System Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for clients.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
* Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
* Build strong relationships with business stakeholders to become a trusted resource and partner.
* Communicate effectively to both business stakeholders and technical stakeholders.
* Elicit, document, and present requirements clearly and effectively to all project stakeholders.
* Perform and oversee the overall business requirements gathering, development validation and business project coordination of assigned projects.
* Create functional requirements from business requirements, prioritizing features, documenting workflow diagrams, process flows, writing use cases, utilizing UML for abstract modeling the system, including cross platform integration requirements
* Guide stakeholders through a software selection process to ensure that the best solution is chosen by using proven and reliable software selection processes.
* Involvement in the full lifecycle of the project from project initiation and approval, business analysis phase through deployment to the hospitals and business, and post deployment issue resolution.
* Manage internal and external customers and vendors on projects from inception through implementation and review.
* Establish and maintain project teams’ trust and confidence, quickly developing an understanding of business needs.
* Manage project priorities, continuously performing project issue/risk assessment and reduction/mitigation; escalating when necessary.
* Work closely with project managers to ensure project success.
* Implement and maintain a project document repository.
* Other job duties as assigned
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
* Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
* Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. * Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently. * The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate. * Environment where pets are present. EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING * Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or related field of study required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. * Five or more years’ experience as a business analyst, or eight recent years of progressively responsible experience in information systems/business analysis, design and implementation as described above, required. * Project management, knowledge of organizational and project development techniques preferred. * Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.). WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Job: *Development: Applications
Title: Analyst, Business Systems
Location: Oregon-Portland-Central Team Support Location
Requisition ID: CEN000YS